Need some ideas. A status email is sent out every single week to show status of projects. Would like to make this web based as opposed to him having to email it. I don’t want him to have to email it to us and then we convert or upload. Any idea how we can give him the ability to just post a status like the below every week?
SA Project Implementation – Harris Richardson
VoLTE “Advanced Calling” (PM Janet Pierre)
Commercial Launch: 12/3/15
Status: Last check, there are 1,361,234 VoLTE subscribers in the South Area.
· Active Selling/ Mandatory Provisioning:
o Target Commercial Launch: 12/3/15
· MRFP/C: Rel.15.1 – MidWest is first to upgrade. Branchburg in final days of soak period. Area can determine what days work best for their updates. Genband will work with VoLTE Ops to complete.
o PM counters for SIP 4xx/5xx/6xx errors and integration into GVM
o KPI for one way audio (Patch back to Rel 14.00.02 MR)
o RTP loss timer start enhancement.
· PRBT: Monitor Master testing completed on 9/14. Early analysis shows positive results as audio delay observed on a VoLTE device without PRBT is the same as one with PRBT. Oracle’s SW (640m6p2) Lab exit date moved from 9/11 to 9/21 due to issues found in the CALEA header, team has added a Header Manipulation Rule (HMR) to resolve issue. Software is needed to have the dual media playing fix (Oracle SPL#4) work on 4500s C-SBCs. Network Ready Go/No-Go 10/27. – No Update
· VoLTE Peering with AT&T: As of Thursday 9/17, we have completed 691 out of 1,052 test cases; we are in a day for day slip on the schedule until we have able to get all open defects resolved. CALEA and re-testing for failed test cases are still continuing. Working on pulling FOA testing complete to 9/29 from 10/14, IOT Service Live to 11/20 from 12/11, & FOA Complete = to Q4 2015 from 1/21/16.
o Migrations – 1Qtr 2016
Voice and Video over WiFi – (Janet Pierre/PM Mark Burdette)
Status: NI issued the Network Ready Q-Gate on 9/15. As of 9/30, 2 approvals are pending. New launch items were added to the original scope of the project that includes: 1) Support for US territories, 2) Wi-Fi blocking CR for wholesale & Government customers, 3) Enhancement to add apartment/Suite to the UI (ETA 9/17). In addition, the team is investigating an international dialing issue with the “leading +” not being translated properly. The above mentioned items are being tracked with an attempt to complete in advance of the proposed 12/3 launch
· Commercial Launch: 12/3/15
Voice for Internet Connected Devices (PM Mark Burdette)
Status: VICE is functional with the exception of CALEA. Network ready is currently in a day-to-day slip starting on 9/18 due to CALEA issues. On 9/23 it was determined that CTS/TAS 11.2.8 and WGW 7510 (Media Function) patch release B06e will be required prior to launch. The launch date changed from 10/6 to 10/15.
· Commercial Launch: 4Q2015
LTE (PM Christy Tran):
Existing LTE Sites 2015 Activations
# Existing sites remaining w/o LTE that are needed for VoLTE
% Complete of 2015 Remaining LTE Sites
AWS (PM Christy Tran)
Scope: Add capacity to existing LTE sites:
AWS Add To Existing Site Report
On Air Sites
% of LTE
2015 AWS HQ Targets
2015 % Complete
South Area Total
Small Form Factor (PM Christy Tran)
2015 Sites on Air
South Area Total
2015 Sites on Air
South Area Total
· PCS LTE Deployment (PM Christy Tran)
South Area PCS LTE (Add to existing site)
Total Sites IS
2015 Sites On Air
2015 HQ Targets
2015 % Complete
South Area Total
*South Central Information includes 6 Trial Sites funded by HQ
Carrier Aggregation (PM Rick Barnes)
· ALU 14.3 FSA eNodeB – The GA load for 14.3 phase 2 (CL220.127.116.11) is RFOA now is being lab tested. The GA date for phase 2 is now pushed out to 10/28.
o LR14.3 Ph 2 SW RL needed to activate CA for ALU eNB markets
· Ericsson eNodeB L15B
· GA is targeted for 10/30.
· Regional 2015 CA Goals progress
LRA (LTE in Rural America) (PM Mark Burdette) – No Change
Status: Currently coordinating VICE testing.
South Area: There are currently three types of sites being tracked:
1. 3.1 sites are 2014 contractual sites.
2. 3.2 sites (or Expansion sites) are sites the LRAP has planned on their own, separate from any contractual requirements.
3. 3.2a sites are the sites that LRAP is under contractual obligation to build in 2015.
Expansion Sites (3.2): sites the LRAP has planned to build on their own.
Siterra Cell Site Information Database/CSID (PM Todd Mead)
Siterra Project Module launched on 1/12/15, with RE Lease Module targeted for 10/15
Status: NSS is now the official owner of the Siterra tool. Our present tier 2 support team has remained in-tact and has moved up under NSS (Dan Belenets). Our assumptions are the POD owner for Siterra will be Rob Ki9nnick but do not have confirmation
· RF Efficiency Improvement
o Still seeing antenna data page loading lag times (referred to Accruent). To help with the lag times filtering has been removed but dropdowns are still present. This issue should be fixed in the September 3.05 release. The fix to improve the page loading lag time was delivered with the 3.05 release that was released into production on 9/27. Working to resolve a few issues with the release and expect to have the config changes, that are needed for the page loading lag time fix, completed by 10/2
· NWF-to-Siterra Project Module (PM) Migration
o The transition of NWF project data to the PM Module will not take place until the lease module is launched. Still shooting for 1Q16 for the transition.
o Regions should continue to prepare (clean-up) their NWF projects for transition including adding inflight-project BPYs and review of deleting old NWF projects that are in their early stages of completion in which the regions do not have a build plan for.
o Testing to be conducted in groups/phases starting 9/8 and going through 10/21
· NetSites/NetDocs Integration to Siterra’s Lease Module
o The lease module launch has been delayed with new date TBD, due to outstanding data transfer issues between NetSites and Siterra, plus continuing rent-tie out verifications.
o Rent tie-out testing
Ø Joint review sessions were held 9/21 through 9/24. A total of 24 issues have been identified and are currently being accessed for root cause and resolutions
Ø Next steps:
Ø HQNRE is reviewing and correcting a subset of contracts where payment terms and payment lines within NetSites do not match. Target to complete the corrections by 10/2
Ø Root cause and resolution to all 24 Rent Tie Out issues must be identified before approving iteration 1. Target to approve iteration 1 test results by 10/9.
Ø NSS is going to extract production data and create the next round of NetSites data files and provide to Accruent by 10/9. This is the data that will be ingested into the UAT environment as part of iteration 2 testing. Accruent will start ingesting NetSites data into the UAT environment on 10/12.
· Additional Improvements
o Peoplesoft Project Number Not Showing in Drop Down - If the project number is created after the modification task is completed, the project number does not show in the project number drop down. Design completed. Accruent is still in process of completing the LOE
o Revenue Assurance Improvements - Revenue Assurance is redesigning the revenue assurance feed to add PS Location Code, PS Market, and Site Comments to their current feed. Accruent provided the CR and we are reviewing.
ATT Spectrum 1.0 (PM Josh Piacenti)
Scope: Exchange PCS/AWS Spectrum with ATT in Ocala FL and Oklahoma City OK.
· ATT swaps in Oklahoma City :
· VZW to turn down STL sites prior to 10pm 10/7
· ATT requires 2 nights starting 10pm 10/7 and ending 6am 10/9.
· VZW to turn up STL sites into PCS B3 after ATT vacates (6am 10/9).
VISP 2.0 (PM Josh Piacenti) - No Update
Target Completion: 10/1/15
· Only two sites left to deploy in the south, Baton Rouge and Copperfield.
· 10/16 is the tentative date to enable Toll Free Data
· VISP 2.1.5 upgrade set to start FOA 10/12. Key fixes and features
a. Self-serve Onboarding
· Alpharetta and Birmingham will be the FOA site for VISP 2.2.5 (Video Opt)
Monitor Master VoLTE RT5u (PM Mark Burdette) – No Change
Status: Met with HQ to discuss the impact the 13 new uninstalled units are having on regional CIP. HQ is hoping to have the South deployments completed NLT mid-November.
Tektronic Geoblade Irisview Analytics Tap Deployments (PM Mark Burdette)
Scope: Project received on 9/16/15 - NSS is looking for assistance to deploy the 2015 remaining 35 new Tektronic GeoBlade probes between the SGW and the MX960 network routers; replacing the existing G10 probes currently used to capture and record traffic, KPIs etc…
· Scheduling for actual cutovers are scheduled beginning next week.
T-Mobile (TMO) IP Peering (PM Rick Barnes)
Status: The T-Mobile LD/Local inbound migrations are on “Hold” status. Anticipate re-starting inbound migrations mid - October.
· SPL2 Testing (CRBT Fix for E////): Spl-config has been tested and is soaking in Birmingham. If no issues arise it will be GA’d to the rest of the nation 9/30.
o Once updated in Euless pair 2-7 inbound TMO -> VZW migrations can commence again for E/// MSC’s at Birmingham and Euless.
· Remaining 6300 capacity relief effort: PSBC Asset Transfer from MW (C-SBCs with transcoding) ready to carry peering traffic – Euless #8.
Enum operational at Birm PSBC pair 1 & 8 and operational in Euless on PSBC pair 7 & 8
eMBMS/Multicast (PM Janet Pierre)
· Network tuning - eMBMS configurations: eBH audit completed. ENodeB audit – Regions can run ALPT or ELPT reports to review payload results from Go90 event.
· Results from Life is Beautiful event was altered due to the visit from the Pope. Streaming was not activated on some sites. Kayne West concert started late and ended later than previously reported.
· Next Go90 event is Supersonico Festival scheduled for 10/3. Start/Stop time will be released when made known.
· Go90 Hockey App (OnCue video), GA version will be available this week via downloaded from Google Play Store. Unlike VDMS, OnCue has only 3 video.
· “Live Earth” Concert – moved to November 2015 target (concert organizers control this)
SPIDERCLOUD (PM Janet Pierre)
Status: Target FOA Date: ALU è TBD and E/// è TBD
· Delay in FOA due to FDR (Flow Detail Record) testing. Troubleshooting underway and tickets are open. Focus is currently on integration of eFemto. Integration dates will be released once FOA is completed.
· All Radio & Service nodes have shipped. Regions advised that there is an insufficient ratio of radio to service nodes. Regions should budget 2016 according to a 1:20-25 ratio.
DCAFT (PM Todd Mead)
Status: eHealth polling will be extended until 11/30 to accommodate currently setbacks in preparation for transition to SevOne.
Domestic GSM/LTE/Volte Roaming for CDMA-Less Devices (PM Josh Piacenti) – No Update
Scope: CDMALess device we will need similar GSM coverage to supplement out VoLTE network. The goal of this project is to identify those areas and provide finance with the detail needed to obtain the GSM roaming agreements.
· Current Deliverables:
· Area RF working with South Area Finance to create business case for replacement sites in MS.
· Call conducted with finance on 9/23 with HQ Finance to review the South’s data; will follow up with regions to ensure financial impact of AT&T roaming is understood.
· MS has been asked to drive test to further lock in potential cost savings
eFemto (PM Josh Piacenti)
Status: The Network 4G eFemto has been approved for 700Mhz usage/network deployment. AWS and VoLTE capabilities are currently targeted for October. Initial launch will allow VoLTE to hand in and out, however no origination or 911.
· Current eFemto VoLTE & AWS NR is 10/16: Date in Jeopardy due to 60% e911 testing failures in un-serviced counties where we do not have coverage but are licensed to transmit. We are working to get 911 working in those areas first.
· Area creating eFemto A – Z process doc.
· South Area legal finalized simplified contract language for self - installing customers, while continuing to revise agreement language regarding environmental hazards for existing and new IBLD installation vendors.
· HQ went forward with their data only B2B launch before the B2B process and collateral was ready. Now that this has launched for B2B, they use the process outlined in the links below. The B2B teams are currently being trained on this process and the solutions engineers should be aware of it as well.
o Main Product Page for Soft-launch: http://infomanagerdoc.vzwcorp.com/OST/OSTdisplay/IM/topic/98995
· Separating Network initiated installations and sales initiated installations was always the intent.
Labyrinth (PM TBD) – No Update
Scope: Labyrinth is a project for 4G devices to anonymously report geo-location associated with device events along with a small snapshot of device KPI’s. This location would not be linked to any customer information and would not be recorded or stored in any way that would allow VZW to be able to link any location with any customer. This data would be loaded into a database with the ability to project that geo-data onto maps for Network users.
· Limited Version Launch: 8/1 Data collection started and has been conducted on more than 30 million Android devices through normal Android customer upgrade requirements and Google Play releases.
· Our RF teams will receive data showing the locations where customers leave and come into 4G & Wi-Fi coverage, to include it will show boundaries, and holes in coverage via NEtGeo X. RF teams will have the ability to then pull data to rank customer effecting holes for Small Cells, In – Building solutions etc…
o Currently in Firewall/Build/Integration/Security testing phase
o Next phase will be NetGeoX integration/testing
· NR: 9/22/15, RF availability for use – 11/20/15
NNIs Migration from VBone to VIV (PM Mark Burdette)
Scope: HLD - This project does not introduce a new product or a new service; It is an infrastructure upgrade and a migration effort. The project is coupled with the POR “NNI Reduction” initiative for pragmatic purposes, but is not functionally dependent upon it. It is recommended that VIV is coupled with the upgrade of 3AW to 3BW routers. The migration should be done in a manner transparent to users and call flows which will require structured coordination between VZB, VZW NNO and VZW Area XLATs & Area Planners. This project will affect the IP infrastructure of the VZW-VZB SIP NNIs (all ‘LD’ voice calls). The call flows should remain exactly the same, but the underlying infrastructure is upgraded.
Status: Basic and detailed technical discussion about project – including actual explanations of the network changes that will occur - Project still in the technical development stage.
· Current plan:
o Build/test: 4Q2015
o Deployment/FOA: 1Q2016
o Network Ready Q-Gate: 4Q2016
Harris L Richardson Jr
Manager, Project Implementation
South Area Network Planning